Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time for adventure!




In the process of creating a character design based on a little boy who uses household items to dress up as an adventurer or superhero. Hmm, he needs something else. Maybe a pot for a shield or jump rope as a whip. He also looks a little too much like Carl as a kid in Up, but I think I can fix that when I paint him.

I wrote out a lot of contemplation about you know who just now, and really does it do any good to post it here? Well, to ask such a question would risk the existence of this blog, which hasn't even had time to dry and cure. Does it do any good to post crap in here? Yeah. You know why? Because I'm just talking to myself. I talk to myself on the rest of my blogs, but there's a chance people I know read 'em. There isn't a big chance people I know will find this, unless maybe they did some searching.

Anyway, this whole "steady as she goes" thing could all go downhill. If I look at it objectively, if the timing wasn't right.. what makes the timing right with this other girl? I bet because she's older. Hm, maybe. Maybe he just wants to wet his feet. Well wet your feet on me, damnit! Not literally, though, ew.

Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to have my Object-o-Vision Goggles on. Objectively, if the timing wasn't right then, the timing isn't right now. Objectively, I shouldn't do anything. Subjectively, I should grow some she balls already and ask him out. Let him know at least that I'm still interested, if he isn't then I'd like to just be buddies.

I don't want to be like my dear roommate, married at 24 and going through counseling in order to hold the falling pieces together. But I also don't want to be that person that feels like they weren't clear and didn't state their emotions because they were afraid the other person wouldn't want to hear them. Afraid. Why am I so afraid? It's not a big deal.

It just feels like the big, fat pink elephant in the room. Except we haven't been in the same room together long enough for me to tell if he wants to acknowledge it or not. And I've been on the other side of this situation before, and I found the best thing to do was just to avoid all communication -- even if I wanted to be friends with that person, usually it just felt too awkward because I could tell they still liked me, and it was too uncomfortable. "It's only awkward if you make it awkward." Thanks, Matt. Good phrase.

Dude. WTF is wrong with me. It's 3am, I have to finish this character and stop worrying about silliness. It'll all work out regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment